Students to receive free face-coverings, other COVID-19 prevention supplies

0
510
The EWAW kits include a first-aid kit, neck-gaiter style face coverings, hand sanitizer and other items. (Photo Courtesy of the Department of Communications and Marketing)

As part of the campus-wide Every Wildcat a Wellcat campaign, the university will provide every Kansas State student with a kit filled with items to help them slow the spread of COVID-19 locally.

Each kit includes one neck-gaiter style face-covering, a first-aid kit, hand sanitizer, a thermometer and a no-contact opener key for pushing doors open and using ATMs.

Additionally, the university has ordered about 20,000 cloth face coverings that will be distributed to students at a later date.

Students living on-campus will receive kits in their residence halls.

Jennifer Miller, director for health promotions at Lafene Health Center, said off-campus students have a few options to pick their kits up.

Students affiliated with Greek Life or K-State Athletics will receive their kits by representatives in those organizations.

Other students can pick theirs up at various points on campus during the first week of class between 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Those locations are as follows:

• Monday at Coffman Commons (near Hale Library),
  • Tuesday at Bosco Plaza (in front of the K-State Student Union),
  • Wednesday at Bluemont Hall,
  • Thursday on the Quad.

A drive-thru option is also available at Lafene Health Center, located at 1105 Sunset Ave. That will be available from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. People will be running a distribution point in the circle drive in front of the building.

Additional information about the EWAW initiative and other ways to prevent COVID-19 spread on K-State’s campus, visit the university coronavirus dashboard.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.