TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County on Sept. 14

0
502
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department reported two deaths from COVID-19 Monday, bringing the local total to eight. Both patients are associated with the outbreak at Homestead Assisted Living in Manhattan.

Additionally, 43 new positive cases of COVID-19 were reported, bringing the local total of active cases to 663. No new recoveries have been added.

“All of our lives have been changed by this disease,” local health officer Julie Gibbs said in a press release. “Losing loved ones, and sometimes not being able to visit them in their final moments, is truly heartbreaking. I am so sorry for all of the loss people have experienced. We will continue to work to keep our community safe and healthy, and we need your help to do that. Please stay home if you are sick, share information with contact tracing staff if they call, and follow safety guidelines from the CDC.”

Currently, one patient is being cared for at Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan.

Since Aug. 17 — the first day of classes at Kansas State — the county has added more than 800 new cases of COVID-19.

There are 1,054 pending tests in the county and 8,025 negative tests.

Bailey Britton
My name is Bailey Britton and I am the editor-in-chief of the Collegian. Previously, I have been the assistant news editor and the managing editor. I have also interned for the Manhattan Mercury and the Colby Free Press. I grew up in Colby, Kansas, and I am a junior in journalism and English. Through the Collegian, I aim to provide the K-State community with quality news coverage while we learn to serve our campus.