TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on Sept. 30

0
242
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department reported 42 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the local total to 1,857.

As of last Monday, 18 to 24-year-olds make up more than 75 percent of all positive cases in the county. No new data is available on age breakdown.

Since Aug. 17 — the first day of classes at Kansas State — the county added more than 1,350 new cases of COVID-19.

The local and campus positivity rates are both declining. At K-State, the percent of positives fell to 5.41 percent for the week of Sept. 21. The community recorded a positivity rate of 9.6 percent last week.

Additionally, 1,582 of those who previously tested positive are considered recovered. There are 267 active cases remaining in Riley County.

Riley County documented eight COVID-19-related deaths to date.

At this time, there have been more than 8,025 negative tests administered in the county. Three positive patients are currently hospitalized at Ascension Via Christi.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.