TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on Oct. 5

0
198
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department reported 76 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the local total to 1,933. This is the first county update since last Wednesday.

People 18 to 24-years-old make up more than 50 percent of the new positive cases.

Since Aug. 17 — the first day of classes at Kansas State — the county added more than 1,400 new cases of COVID-19.

The campus positivity rate is declining. At K-State, the percent of positives fell to 5.41 percent for the week of Sept. 21. The community recorded a positivity rate of 9.4 percent last week.

Up-to-date information about active cases, recovered individuals, negative tests and pending tests is unavailable at this time.

Riley County documented eight COVID-19-related deaths to date.

Three positive patients are currently hospitalized at Ascension Via Christi. An additional suspected positive patient is hospitalized.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.