TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on Oct. 19

0
201
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department reported 10 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the local total to 2,045.

People 18 to 24-years-old make up about 72 percent of all positive cases recorded locally — about 1,500 of the unique cases. Over the weekend, more than 50 percent of the new cases reported were in that age group.

In all, 1,962 people who previously tested positive for COVID-19 are recovered, leaving 72 active cases.

Riley County counts 11 COVID-19-related deaths to date, announcing three new deaths this month.

There aren’t any positive patients currently hospitalized at Ascension Via Christi.

Riley County reported a 5.9 percent positivity rate for the week of Oct. 11 — a one percent decrease from the previous week. The most recent report from Kansas State — from the week of Oct. 4 — showed an on-campus positivity rate lower than two percent.

Since Aug. 17, the first day of classes at Kansas State, the county has added more than 1,450 new cases of COVID-19.

Up-to-date information about negative tests and pending tests is unavailable at this time.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.