TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on Nov. 2

0
430
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

On Monday, the Riley County Health Department added another death to the local COVID-19 count. An 88-year-old female resident of Leonardville Nursing Home died at Ascension Via Christi hospital on Friday. Hers is the 12th COVID-19 related death in the county.

Also, the Riley County Health Department reported 37 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the local total to 2,251.

People 18 to 24-years-old make up about 70 percent of all positive cases recorded locally — about 1,500 of the unique cases.

In all, 2,136 people who previously tested positive for COVID-19 are recovered, leaving 103 active cases.

There are four positive patients currently hospitalized at Ascension Via Christi in Manhattan.

Riley County reported a 7.7 percent positivity rate for the week of Oct. 18, a 2.5 percent increase from the previous week. The most recent report from Kansas State showed an on-campus positivity rate of 1.98 percent. More timely data is not available.

Since Aug. 17, the first day of classes at Kansas State, the county has added more than 1,700 new cases of COVID-19.

Up-to-date information about pending tests is unavailable at this time. The local health department reports 19,673 negative results.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.