Dirty Dawg Saloon ordered to close following recent health order violations

0
697
As the sun sets over Aggieville, the crowds of party goers keep flowing into local bars and restaurants. (File photo by Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

Local restaurants and businesses are beginning to feel the heat from the recent uptick in COVID-19 cases. A judge ordered Dirty Dawg Saloon to close falling a series of health code violations related to COVID-19 health orders.

Among other violations, the bar stayed open past midnight and did not close their dance floor, according to a press release from the Riley County Health Department.

The order indicates the bar must remain closed beginning 10 a.m. Nov. 7 and remain close until they take necessary action to comply with health orders.

“We will continue to work with businesses to communicate the need for safety protocols,” local health officer Julie Gibbs said in the release. “Ultimately, we will do what is necessary to protect the health of our community.”

The judge ordered the bar to close the dance floor and prohibit customers from drinking unless seated in addition to enforcing a mask requirement. The media release said similar actions can be expected against other businesses that do not comply with the order.

Hi there! I'm Julie Freijat. I'm the copy chief and deputy managing editor of the Collegian. In the past, I've served as an editor on the news and culture desks and worked closely with the multimedia staff. I love science and technology, hate poor movie dialogue and my favorite subreddit is r/truecrime.