TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on Nov. 11

0
149
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

On Wednesday, the Riley County Health Department added another death to the local COVID-19 count. A 63-year-old male resident of Via Christi Village died at at Ascension Via Christi hospital in Manhattan.

He tested positive for COVID-19 on Nov. 2. His was the thirteenth COVID-19 related death in Riley County and the second announced this month.

Also, the Riley County Health Department reported 114 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the local total to 2,637

People 18 to 24-years-old make up about 66 percent of all positive cases recorded locally — about 1,700 of the unique cases.

In all, 2,273 people who previously tested positive for COVID-19 are recovered, leaving 351 active cases.

There are 10 positive patients currently hospitalized at Ascension Via Christi in Manhattan, four of whom are currently in intensive care.

Riley County reported a 9.1 percent positivity rate for the week of Nov. 1, a slight decrease from the previous week. The most recent report from Kansas State showed an on-campus positivity rate surpassing 10 percent.

Since Aug. 17, the first day of classes at Kansas State, the county has added more than 2,000 new cases of COVID-19.

Up-to-date information about pending tests is unavailable at this time. The local health department reports 21,626 negative results.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.