TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on Nov. 11

0
162
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

On Wednesday, the Riley County Health Department added another death to the local COVID-19 count. A 63-year-old male resident of Via Christi Village died at at Ascension Via Christi hospital in Manhattan.

He tested positive for COVID-19 on Nov. 2. His was the thirteenth COVID-19 related death in Riley County and the second announced this month.

Also, the Riley County Health Department reported 114 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the local total to 2,637

People 18 to 24-years-old make up about 66 percent of all positive cases recorded locally — about 1,700 of the unique cases.

In all, 2,273 people who previously tested positive for COVID-19 are recovered, leaving 351 active cases.

There are 10 positive patients currently hospitalized at Ascension Via Christi in Manhattan, four of whom are currently in intensive care.

Riley County reported a 9.1 percent positivity rate for the week of Nov. 1, a slight decrease from the previous week. The most recent report from Kansas State showed an on-campus positivity rate surpassing 10 percent.

Since Aug. 17, the first day of classes at Kansas State, the county has added more than 2,000 new cases of COVID-19.

Up-to-date information about pending tests is unavailable at this time. The local health department reports 21,626 negative results.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the ex-managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.