Women’s basketball now playing Newman in season exhibition game

0
122
Then-sophomore guard Christianna Carr looks across the court for an open play during K-State's 83-63 victory against KU earlier this year. (File photo by Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

With less than a week until the start of the season, the Kansas State women’s basketball team makes adjustments to their schedule because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

K-State’s exhibition matchup with Fort Hays State on Nov. 25 in Hays, Kansas, was canceled to comply with COVID-19 protocols. The Wildcats now tipoff their season with an exhibition matchup against Newman in Wichita at 6 p.m. on Nov. 27.

The teams face off in Fugate Gymnasium where attendance will be limited to pass list guests only. No visiting fans will be allowed because of limited capacity issues associated with COVID-19.

The Jets play at the NCAA Division II level and are part of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA). Last season, Newman finished with a record of 11-17.

The game between the Wildcats and the Jets can be seen on the MIAA Network.

Cameron Bradley
Hey! I’m Cameron Bradley and I am the sports editor for the Collegian! I am a junior from Wichita, Kansas, and I am majoring in journalism. When I’m not working for the Collegian, I’m creating content and putting on broadcasts with K-StateHD.TV. I am also currently a member of the Sigma Tau Gamma fraternity. I love sports, spending time with friends, family and doing everything that I do for the glory of God!