Former dean of K-State Polytechnic dies from COVID-19 complications

0
904
Dennis Kuhlman served as the dean and CEO of the Polytechnic campus in Salina, from 1997 to 2012. (Photo courtesy of K-State News)

Dennis Kuhlman, former CEO and dean of Kansas State Polytechnic campus in Salina, died Dec. 7 from complications related to COVID-19.

Kuhlman was the dean and CEO of K-State Polytechnic from 1997 to 2012. Kuhlman helped establish the campus as a leader in aviation.

“We are saddened by the loss of Dennis Kuhlman who served Kansas State University over a long and distinguished career,” president Richard Myers said in a press release. “His leadership helped establish our Polytechnic campus in Salina as one [sic] the preeminent aviation and applied technology institutions in the country. The university is in a better place as a result of his vision and dedication.”

Kuhlman earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in agricultural engineering from K-State and his doctorate in agricultural engineering from Oklahoma State University.

Before going to the polytechnic campus, Kuhlman was an extension agricultural engineer on the Manhattan campus. He also served as president of faculty senate from 1994 to 1995.

Bailey Britton
My name is Bailey Britton and I am the editor-in-chief of the Collegian. Previously, I have been the assistant news editor and the managing editor. I have also interned for the Manhattan Mercury and the Colby Free Press. I grew up in Colby, Kansas, and I am a junior in journalism and English. Through the Collegian, I aim to provide the K-State community with quality news coverage while we learn to serve our campus.