Deuce Vaughn named True Freshman of the Year by 247Sports

0
266
Freshman running back Deuce Vaughn rushes through a hole in the Wildcats' 69-31 loss to Texas earlier in December. (Sophie Osborn | Collegian Media Group)

247Sports named Kansas State true freshman running back Deuce Vaughn the country’s top true freshman player and was named to the 247Sports True Freshman All-American team.

This is the sixth season 247Sports gave out these awards and honors. Previous True Freshman of the Year winners includes Calvin Ridley (Alabama, WR, 2015), Ed Oliver (Houston, DE, 2016), Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin, RB, 2017), Rondale Moore (Purdue, WR, 2018) and Derek Stingley (LSU, CB, 2019).

Vaughn played in all 10 of K-State’s games this season, collecting 1,221 all-purpose yards — which includes a Wildcat freshman record 642 yards rushing. He totaled nine touchdowns and led K-State in receiving yards.

The freshman star os one of two players in all of the NCAA to record at least 600 rushing yards and 400 receiving yards. ranking only behind Clemson senior Travis Etienne.

Vaughn is also one of seven finalists for the Shaun Alexander-FWAA Freshman of the Year award. Just a few weeks ago, Vaughn was named Big 12 Conference Freshman of the Year by the conference’s coaches and was also awarded Second Team All-Conference honors.

Other honors for Vaughn include an Honorable Mention All-American from Pro Football Focus and a Freshman All-American from The Athletic.