Women’s basketball reschedules four postponed games from January

0
39
Then-freshman center Ayoka Lee looks for an open play during K-State’s 54-52 loss to TCU last season. The Horned Frogs is one of the teams that K-State will host during their four-game span of rescheduled games at the end of the year. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

The women’s basketball team missed five straight Big 12 Conference games in January because of a COVID-19 outbreak among the players which put the program on a nearly month-long pause. The missed game against Oklahoma State was rescheduled and played on Jan. 25 and the Wildcats fell 69-55 — one loss in their 10-game losing streak up to this point.

The other four games missed include a Jan. 2 matchup at Oklahoma, a Jan. 5 home game against West Virginia, a Jan. 10 showdown at Baylor and a Jan. 14 home contest with TCU.

Now, the Wildcats finally know they still get an opportunity to compete in those four games. Within eight days, the Wildcats will play four games.

A Feb. 27 trip to Waco, Texas, starts off the eight-day span as K-State takes on No. 7 Baylor at 11 a.m on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

After the trip, the Wildcats will return home to host TCU on March 1 and West Virginia on March 3 with both games starting at 6:30 p.m. and airing on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

K-State then finishes off its regular season in Norman, Oklahoma, against the Oklahoma Sooners at 3 p.m. March 7. Viewers can watch the game on FOX Sports Oklahoma.

K-State is currently 5-12 overall and 0-10 in Big 12 play. The rescheduling gives the team a total of eight remaining regular-season games to complete the Big 12’s double-round robin schedule.

Following those games, the Wildcats play in the Big 12 Tournament starting on March 11 and ending March 14 in Kansas City, Missouri.

Hi! I'm Nathan Enserro, a graduate student from Olathe, Kansas, working on a Masters in Mass Communication. I graduated in spring 2020 with a Bachelor's of Science in strategic communications from K-State. This is my fourth year covering K-State sports for the Collegian.