Think Local: EatStreet promotes ‘staycation,’ offers featured-restaurant delivery deals

0
216
(Archive photo by Vail Moshiri | Collegian Media Group)

Editor’s note: This story is sponsored content and part of the Think Local ad campaign.

Spring break may have been canceled, but EatStreet is still giving cause to celebrate. Diners with EatStreet will receive free delivery from featured restaurants from April 2 to April 9.

With limited travel, many people miss their favorite vacation spots and food from those places. With EatStreet delivery, authentic style cuisine and inspired staycations are a click away.

Whether travelers stay close to home or prefer trips abroad, there is something in Manhattan for everyone.

New York City is one popular hub because of the city’s tourist attractions. It is also home to countless pizzerias that sell famous wide, thin-crusted pizza.

The “Big Apple” meets the “Little Apple” at 301 Poyntz Ave, home of AJ’s NY Pizzeria. The local restaurant uses Brooklyn Pizzeria’s recipe to create their New York flavor.

“AJ’s is unique to Manhattan because it brings an authentic New York Style pizzeria to the Little Apple, from the unique decorations to the hand-tossed pizza,” server Laryn Wilson said.

(Bailey Britton | Collegian Media Group)

Diners can grab a slice of New York pizza and explore the nightlife of Aggieville, Manhattan’s own Times Square. The hustle and bustle emulate the big city feeling found on the east coast.

“I love that there are a wide variety of toppings that you can add to make your own personalized slice or to add onto our specialty pizzas,” Wilson said. “I never thought I would like ranch as a topping, but our Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza pie is now definitely my favorite.”

For those who prefer warm destinations, Manhattan has restaurants that serves tex-mex cuisine.

Carlos O’Kelly’s, known for its Mexican-inspired menu was opened in 1981 and is located at 622 Tuttle Creek Blvd.

The Town Center mall was home to the first Manhattan location, but Darren Schumacher, brand director of operations for Carlos O’Kelly’s, said, it was time only a matter of time before its upgrade.

“We wanted to get out of the mall but we wanted to stay in Manhattan,” Schumacher said. “This gave us a chance to get a fresh look and an update. We are very proud to be a part of Manhattan because we’ve been here over 40 years.”

Carlos O’Kelly’s makes their recipes from scratch daily, which translates into their unique menu.

“What you cannot get anywhere else is our chicken picado, our pasta diablo, our chicken chipotle burrito. Those would be three of our favorites,” Schumacher said.

Along with Carlos O’Kelly’s, Manhattan provides other dining options for people who enjoy foods from across the globe.

One example is Green Tea Sushi, located at 1120 Laramie St. The sushi restaurant offers an assortment of authentic Japanese food and drink, and their wide selection has made them a fan favorite in Aggieville.

“Green Tea is basically the only Japanese restaurant I like to go to,” frequent customer and junior in geography Grace Blazek said. “I like that they offer Japanese sodas, like Ramune, and their sushi is always super fresh, which makes it all the better. It’s hard to find good cultural food, so I love to eat here whenever I get the chance.”

Green Tea Sushi strives to use the best ingredients at an affordable price. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner which can be enjoyed in-store or via takeout.

With EatStreet’s new deal, diners can enjoy meals from the three featured restaurants free of delivery charge.