Former K-State football player Jordan Willis suspended for first six games of the 2021 NFL season

0
1088
Senior defensive end Jordan Willis waves as he is introduced as a 2016 team captain prior to the annual Purple-White Spring Game Apr. 23, 2016, in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. (Archive photo by Parker Robb | Collegian Media Group)

Former Kansas State defensive end Jordan Willis, now with the San Fransisco 49ers, is suspended for the first six games of the 2021 NFL season for violating the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

Willis played in seven games totaling 13 tackles and five quarterback hits this past season.

ESPN’s Field Yates broke the news Thursday on Twitter that the former pass rusher for the Wildcats had been suspended.

Shortly after, NFL reporter Aaron Wilson determined it was for breaking the NFL’s drug enhancement policy.

Willis will still participate in pre-season team workouts and pre-season games but will sit out the first six games without pay.

While in college, Willis recorded 25.5 sacks, 113 tackles and 39.5 tackles for a loss for the Wildcats. He was also the 2016 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, recording 11.5 sacks and three forced fumbles.

Willis was drafted in the third round by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2017 NFL Draft. He spent two seasons in Cincinnati, the 2019 season in New York playing with the Jets and most of the 2020 season in San Fransisco. Willis has 5.5 career sacks, two fumble recoveries and 65 tackles.

Willis is eligible to return to the 49er’s active roster on Oct. 25 following the week-seven game against the Indianapolis Colts.