Countdown to Kickoff: 70 days away with offensive lineman Kaitori Leveston

0
96
Leading up to the start of K-State's 2021 football season, the Collegian takes a look at what to expect and highlights every player on the roster. (Archive photo by Dylan Connell | Collegian Media Group)

Kaitori Leveston, a 6 foot 4 inch, 345-pound junior from Waco, Texas, looks to secure a starting position on the offensive line for the 2021 season.

Leveston played under head coach Jeff Hulme at Midway High School and was ranked the 59th best offensive tackle nationally in the class of 2018 by 247Sports.

As a senior, Leveston earned First Team All-District 8-6A honors and second-team honors as a junior. He also helped the Panthers reach the Class 6A D2 state championship game in 2017, finishing the season with a 15-1 record.

A three-star recruit, Leveston received offers from Missouri, Texas Tech and Texas before signing with Kansas State on Feb. 7, 2018.

Leveston chose to redshirt his freshman season and did not receive any playing time. During the 2019 season, he saw playing time against Nicholls, Bowling Green, Oklahoma and Kansas.

The 2020 season saw Leveston take the next step in his career, playing in all 10 games and starting in five. He was part of an offensive line tied for first in the Big 12 and 27th in the nation in sacks allowed (14). The offensive line also led the Big 12 and ranked fourth nationally in red-zone offense efficiency at 93.9 percent.

Football isn’t the only thing Leveston excels at. His dance moves made waves through the K-State community back in April.

Leveston looks to become a solidified starter to help protect quarterback Skylar Thompson and running back Deuce Vaughn this upcoming season.