Countdown to Kickoff: 63 days away with offensive lineman Ben Adler

0
217
Leading up to the start of K-State's 2021 football season, the Collegian takes a look at what to expect and highlights every player on the roster. (Archive photo by Dylan Connell | Collegian Media Group)

Standing at 6 foot 4 inches and weighing 310 pounds, Ben Adler, a three-star recruit out of Wichita, Kansas, committed to Kansas State in 2016 and arrived on campus in 2017.

Adler played under head coach Jared Daniel at Trinity Academy, where he racked up several accolades while playing for the Knights.

Those accolades include earning all-state honors as a senior from the Topeka Capital-Journal, Wichita Eagle and the Kansas Football Coaches Association, along with an honorable mention as a junior from the Topeka Capital-Journal and the Wichita Eagle. He was named to the Wichita Eagle Top-33 team as a senior. Adler also received all-state honors playing baseball as a first baseman and designated hitter.

Adler was selected to play in the 2017 Kansas Shrine Bowl and the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Atlanta, Georgia, following his 2016 season.

Adler was the nation’s 66th-best guard and the eighth-best player in Kansas in the class of 2017, according to 24/7 Sports. He was also named to the USA TODAY Sports/American Family Insurance All-USA Kansas team and was an All-Midlands Region selection by PrepStar.

After redshirting in 2017 and only playing against UTSA his freshman year, Adler saw action in three games as a reserve lineman against Nicholls, Bowling Green and Kansas.

In 2020, Adler started the first eight games of the season at right guard and helped K-State to one of the best proficiently scoring offenses in school history.

With the help of Adler, the Wildcats only allowed 14 sacks this past season, leading the Big 12 and placing them 27th nationally. K-State also had a 93.9% red zone offense to lead the Big 12 and rank the Wildcats fourth in the nation.

Adler looks to continue as a productive force for K-State’s talented offensive line group.