Countdown to Kickoff: 45 days away with long snapper Nelson Pipes, defensive end Reed Godinet

0
57
Leading up to the start of K-State's 2021 football season, the Collegian takes a look at what to expect and highlights every player on the roster. (Archive photo by Dylan Connell | Collegian Media Group)

Editor’s Note: While experiencing technical difficulties, several articles were wiped from the Collegian website. All articles wiped from the site will be republished as soon as possible.

A redshirt freshman from Hallsville, Missouri, Nelson Pipes played football at Hallsville under head coach Justin Conyers.

Pipes was ranked as the fourth-best long snapper in the 2020 recruiting class in Kornblue’s Fab 50 rankings throughout his time in high school.

Pipes earned All-District honors as a defensive end during his senior year from the Missouri Football Coaches Association.

Pipes was given a 4-and-a-half star rating as a long snapper from Kohl’s Kicking before announcing his commitment to Kansas State through a Twitter post on Feb. 2, 2020.

Although Pipes has yet to see any game time, he received a weekly award as part of K-State’s Core Values Awards of the Week around the beginning of July.

It might take some time before Pipes sees major game action, as he just joined the team this past season.

Hailing from Springdale, Arkansas, Reed Godinet is a 6 foot 5 inch, 250-pound senior defensive end.

Godinet played at Springdale High School under head coach Zach Clark before starting his collegiate career at the community college level. At the College of San Mateo, Godinet played under head coach Tim Tulloch and saw action in three games, totaling three tackles. He helped San Mateo go 8-3 and reach the NorCal Regional Playoffs.

Godinet transferred to K-State in 2019, where he wouldn’t see any game action until 2020, playing in K-State’s 55-14 blowout win over Kansas.

Like Pipes, Godinet was also awarded Core Values of the Week honors in late June.

Godinet’s father lettered at K-State from 1984 to 1986, and his brother Taylor Godinet — who played for the Wildcats from 2011 to 2014 — currently serves as the assistant director of recruiting for the Wildcats.

Reed and Taylor are the nephews of NFL Hall of Famer Junior Seau.

Godinet looks to be another productive member in the defensive end room this season, alongside Khalid Duke, Bronson Massie and Felix Anudike.