What to Consider When Buying Lab-Grown Diamond Stud Earrings as a Gift

0
12

Diamond studs are some of the most popular earring options and a type of jewelry renowned for presenting an elegant look. They are also an amazing gift to give to a special person in your life. Wearing a beautiful set of diamond earrings can be a big confidence booster for the lucky recipient.

Lab-grown diamonds are an increasingly popular option with today’s jewelry shoppers. They are known for their quality, and they also come at a lower price tag than mined diamonds. With these points in mind, it is important to understand some key factors when purchasing lab-grown diamond earrings to give as a gift.

• Determine Your Budget

Determining your budget is the first crucial step that you must take when purchasing diamond earrings. Knowing the maximum that you can spend will allow you to accurately gauge what options are a possibility for you. It is always recommended that you stick to your budget once you have determined it. Purchasing diamond earrings should be an enjoyable process and not one that puts you into debt.

• Choose a Precious Metal Type and Color.

Choosing the type of precious metal, as well as the metal’s color, is the next step involved in buying diamond earrings. Platinum and gold are two of the most popular options available.

The durability of platinum makes it a popular choice for many, as does its natural white color. White gold is a great alternative if you are on a tighter budget as it also has a stunning appearance that is quite similar to platinum.

Yellow and rose gold are also options to consider. These metals are alloys. Rose gold is a combination of copper and gold, while yellow gold is created by combining zinc and copper with gold. In both cases, a metal that is stronger than gold is created. Your final choice depends on the look you wish to create while also considering your budget.

• Choose a Setting Style

The third point to consider when selecting diamond stud earrings is your choice of setting style. There are several setting styles that you can choose from to get the exact look that you are going for. Popular setting styles include:

• Prong – This is the most popular setting option available for diamond earrings. It is a setting that holds the diamonds in place through the use of tiny metal pieces called prongs. This is a popular setting because it has a classic, elegant look.
  • Halo – Halo stud settings are popular because of their glamourous appearance. These settings enclose the center stones in smaller diamond rings. This increases the amount of overall shimmer.
  • Bezel – Bezel settings are known for their modern look. It is a setting that typically only uses round diamonds. The center diamonds are held in place by being enclosed in a metal ring.
  • Dangle – The dangle setting is one of the most elegant options. They can emphasize the dazzling effect of your diamonds. It is a setting where the center diamonds rest within a prong that dangles from a hoop closure.

• Decide Whether to Build Your Own or Buy a Pre-Set Pair.

The next thing to decide is whether you want to build your own diamond earrings or purchase a pre-set pair. If you are planning on purchasing studs that are two carats in weight or more, building your own is probably the option you will want to choose.

When you build your own, you select certified diamonds that match one another. From there, you can have them placed in a setting of your choice. At the end of the day, building your own or buying a pre-set pair is a personal choice, but many individuals do enjoy the satisfaction of creating earrings that are exactly what they have envisioned for the person they are giving them to.

Earring Backs – Secure Your Diamond Stud Earrings

There are three earring back options that you can choose from. They include:

• Screw Backs – These backs screw into place by attaching to a threaded post.
  • Push Backs – Push backs are the most popular option. They push into place and stay there by way of friction.
  • Secure Lock Backs – These are the most secure backs that are available. They slip onto the post and they lock into place by way of a locking mechanism.

Where to Buy Lab-Grown Diamonds for Diamond Stud Earrings

You have several available options when it comes to purchasing lab-grown diamonds for stud earrings. The most important piece of advice that you should consider is simply doing your research. You want to always purchase lab-created diamonds from a trusted merchant with a long and established reputation for excellence within the industry.

Looking into the history of the company you are considering purchasing from is recommended. It is also recommended that you take the time to read reviews of previous customers. Speaking with anyone you know in your personal circle who has purchased diamond earrings is another good move when looking for the best merchants.

Bottom Line

There are a lot of things to consider when searching for the perfect set of diamond earrings for that special someone. Keeping the points that have been mentioned here in mind will help you in your search for a set of stud earrings that is sure to grab the attention of everyone who sees them.