Text to speech (TTS) is a rapidly evolving technology and is proving to be quite beneficial in several sectors, including education. Helping both educators and students in several ways, this technology converts written text into an audible file.
With the help of TTS, students can overcome specific issues related to reading and understanding textual information. On the other hand, teachers who work with students with disabilities can use TTS to help them learn and understand instructions and lessons in a more effective manner. Moreover, educators can also record presentations of their lessons, creating the experience of attending a lecture for students. TTS saves educators the time it takes to manually record a lesson.
In this post, we will list some of the best text to speech software specially designed for educators.
Balabolka is an excellent text to speech software that easily converts text to speech. One of the popular text to speech tools available in the market, the platform helps educators improve both clarity and quality of speech for students. Apart from this, some of the other key highlights of the platform include:
- Allows you to convert text to speech and also check the text for any kind of grammatical or spelling errors.
- Let’s change the volume, voice, and pitch for specific texts.
- Allows users to work on font and background customization.
- Educators can use the tool to practice pronouncing specific words within the text they are using.
- The software supports 31 languages and can be uploaded onto a USB drive for portable installation.
Speakabo is a popular platform that offers a massive collection of realistic-sounding voices in over 20+ languages and several variations. The tool also enables users to convert text to speech and download it in MP3 format. Speakabo offers an ever-growing library of realistic-sounding voices, in over 100 variations and 20+ languages, powered by AI.
The other key features of the platform include:
- Allows you to use SSML tags so that you can create audio for your videos or other educational materials.
- Allows you to record questions or dialogue in advance and play it as and when required.
- Educators can use the software for student projects where they need to make group presentations.
Announcify is another simple, free, and super easy-to-use text to speech tool. The platform is designed in a way that allows the user to listen to text on websites aloud. a Google Chrome extension, one can use Announcify to hear lengthy articles read out loud.
Some of the other highlights of the platform are:
- The software has an easy-to-use and intuitive interface.
- It works great for students preparing for an upcoming test.
- The app will help you read aloud the respective website you are using.
- Users can change the speed, pitch, and volume of the read-aloud voice.
Murf is one of the top text to speech tools for educators that allows you to type your script or upload your voice recording and convert the same to realistic AI voices.
The highlight of Murf is that it provides voices that are trained by professional voiceover artists and also checks the voices for multiple parameters.
Among the other highlights of Murf are:
- Offers powerful features to create high-quality voice overs for eLearning, videos, and presentations.
- Allows you to convert voice into editable text so that you can edit it like a word document or convert it into AI voice.
- Offers over 100 realistic voices in various languages.
- The platform offers several other features such as adding pauses, emphasis, changing narration speed, voice cloning, and more.
Educators can use the platform to create effective eLearning modules. As an educator, if you are covering complicated topics or providing detailed directions, using a TTS tool like Murf can help to simplify and humanize your educational content, making it easier for students to consume it.
- Free Natural Reader
This is a free text to speech reader that you can use to convert any written text into voice or spoken words.
Some of the other highlights of the software include:
- Easy to use.
- Works well with PDF, docx, txt, and ePub documents, as well as HTML content.
- Features a dyslexia font to cater to special student needs.
- Allows educators to listen to their text instead of reading it out.
Available for Chrome, SpeakIt is a text to speech tool that allows educators to select the text they want to read to students and then listen to it. The tool is equipped to read texts in over 50 languages.
The other highlights of SpeakIt are:
- Available on Windows, Chrome OS, and macOS, thus allowing you to use it regardless of platform.
- Requires you to select specific text followed by simply clicking at the right place to begin listening.
- Allows you to select a new text and listen to its correct pronunciation.
- Supports various languages and is great for students trying to learn a new language.
- Select and Speak
Select and Speak is a text to speech tool specifically designed for educators to help them choose the text they want to listen to and speak it aloud.
Some of the other key highlights of the platform are:
- The platform uses iSpeech’s human-sounding text to speech feature to convert text to voice.
- The select and speak tool uses several voices in many different languages.
- The platform is convenient for teachers trying to show or teach different accents by converting the same text.
PowerTalk is the perfect text to speech tool to help educators, specifically with presentations. It’s free software that educators can use to read their presentations aloud automatically.
Among some of the highlights of the platform are:
- The software can transform both visible text and alternative text for shapes, images, graphics, and more.
- It is an excellent presentation tool that begins to narrate your presentation right away.
Synthesys is another popular text to speech software that allows educators to produce professional audio and video content. Synthesys Studio is primarily a cloud-based software and offers two different versions.
Some of the other highlights of Syntheses are:
- Synthesys Audio gives users a choice between different voice-over artists, each with a different voice quality.
- Allows you to customize intonations for various use cases such as podcasts, audiobooks, radio ads, or commercials.
- Provides an AI text-to-video conversion option that allows users to convert text to a realistic video.
iSpeech is a free online text to speech software that educators can use. The platform allows you to simply paste the text you want to convert into a field and download it in different formats.
Among the other highlights of the platform are:
- The tool supports more than 30 languages and allows users to choose the preferred language from the dropdown menu.
- Features different speed options, including slow, regular, and fast.
- The platform also has specialized speech solutions for eLearning, developers, publishers, and web readers.
Text to speech technology can be instrumental for the educational sector with numerous benefits to both educators and students.
The above-mentioned text to speech tools for the education sector ensure that educators can communicate easily with their students, specifically the ones with special hearing needs.
Apart from this, they also make it simpler for students to manage their work efficiently and complete their assignments on time.