Wildcats in the NFL: Lockett’s Week 2 production lead former Wildcat performances

0
95
Senior wide receiver Tyler Lockett catches a short pass from senior quarterback Jake Waters in front of UCLA defensive back Ishmael Adams for a two-point conversion following K-State's second touchdown during the third quarter of No. 11 K-State's 35-40 loss to No. 14 UCLA in the Valero Alamo Bowl January 2, 2015, in the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. Lockett set the Alamo Bowl record for number of receptions, at 13, as well as the record for all-purpose yards, at 249. Lockett also recorded 164 receiving yards and two touchdowns. (Archive photo by Parker Robb | The Collegian)

Tyler Lockett

Star wide receiver Tyler Lockett caught nine passes for 107 yards in the Seattle Seahawks’ 27-7 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday. This was the 18th game in his career in which he reached 100 or more receiving yards. With a career total of 461 receptions for the Seahawks, Lockett has caught the fifth most passes in team history. He has the chance to tie or pass John Williams who stands at fourth place with 471 receptions for Seattle.

D.J. Reed

After catching an interception last week, cornerback D.J. Reed recorded five tackles in the Jets’ 31-30 comeback victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Reed, whose father passed away prior to last week’s game against Baltimore, recently said that he is dedicating this season to his late father. 

Duke Shelley

Cornerback Duke Shelley was released in the final preseason cuts by the Chicago Bears and was picked up by the Minnesota Vikings practice squad. Prior to Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles, Shelley was elevated to the NFL roster and participated in three special teams plays.

Shelley was drafted in the sixth round of the 2019 NFL Draft by Chicago and has played primarily on special teams throughout his NFL career.

Cody Whitehair

Bears offensive lineman Cody Whitehair got his 97th career start on Sunday in a 27-10 loss against division rival Green Bay Packers. He played all 41 offensive snaps, helping the Bears offense finish with 180 rushing yards that night. Since entering the league in 2016, Whitehair has played 99.2 percent of Chicago’s offensive snaps at either guard or center.

Dalton Risner

Offensive lineman Dalton Risner started for the 49th time at the NFL level on Sunday in Denver’s 16-9 home opening victory over the Houston Texans. Risner, who was drafted in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft, has played 87 percent of Denver’s offensive snaps since joining the league.

Jordan Willis

Prior to the 49er’s victory over Seattle, defensive end Jordan Willis was placed on injured reserve. Willis had an MRI conducted last week and found that he needed a cleanup procedure. It is unknown if he will be returning in 2022.

Willis has played for three teams since joining the NFL in 2017. He has played in San Francisco since the midway point of the 2020 season.

Timmy Horne

Playing on both defense and special teams, nose tackle Timmy Horne played 19 defensive snaps and five special teams snaps during Atlanta’s 31-27 loss to the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday.