Look around. Your skin says a lot about you – in fact, it is usually the first thing that we subconsciously register when we meet someone for the first time. The human brain is essentially wired to associate clear and healthy-looking skin with great genes and being in excellent health, which is the hallmark of attractiveness. If you have been scouring the interwebs searching for ways how to improve skin health, then you have stumbled on the right page. The following is a step-by-step breakdown of how to get and keep flawless skin all year round.
What Determines Healthy Skin?
Skin health is generally pegged on different factors, some of which you have complete control over, while there are others there is very little you can do to change things. And this includes;
- Your diet: Are you the type that regularly binges on fast foods, fried goods, and simple carbs? If yes, then you are likely to find out that such inflammatory foods rarely do your skin any favors. Instead, switch to an anti-inflammatory diet with plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein sources, and whole grains instead of refined carbohydrates. Pair this with plenty of water, minimal or no alcohol intake, and a suitable supplement, e.g, these multi-collagen capsules, and watch your skin clear up within just a few months.
- Your lifestyle: Just like poor food choices, excessive alcohol consumption and/or smoking wrecks unimaginable havoc on the skin’s structure. In fact, dermatologists believe this is why smokers and those who love the bottle a little too much appear to age much quicker than their peers who practice some level of moderation or complete abstinence. The same applies to your exercise regimen or physical habits – avid gym goers will naturally have better skin than those trapped in a sedentary rut.
- Sleep hygiene: Not getting enough sleep is just as bad for your skin as not watching what you eat or drink. You see, the human body tends to overproduce cortisol in massive quantities when under physical stress caused by getting too few hours of slumber. This hormone is known to trigger inflammation that later results in skin damage. Besides, this kind of inflammation translates to your body producing less collagen and poor hyaluronic acid levels. As you can expect, this only leads to a loss of smoothness, brightness, youthfulness, and, overall, suppleness.
- Skincare and cleansing regimen: People who religiously and regularly wear sunscreen generally tend to have better and healthier skin than those who skimp on it. Quality sunscreen is needed to shield your skin from the damaging and injurious effects that are caused by UV radiation from the sun’s rays. The same applies to those who wash their skin daily using a mild cleanser to keep their skin pores open enough to keep congestion at bay.
How to Improve Skin Health
Now that you are aware of some of the factors that impact your skin’s health, let’s pan our attention to how you can go improve your complexion using a combination of practical approaches and refining your eating regimen.
Weed Out Bad Habits
Short-term pleasures, such as binge drinking and smoking, often do untold harm to your body. Apart from the usual health hazards that are associated with these unhealthy habits, alcohol and cigarette smoke cause premature aging of the skin, making you look decades older than you really are. And this should not be surprising considering that nicotine is a diuretic while alcohol is a known culprit for stripping water and essential salts from the skin’s cells. It’s also the reason folks who frequently indulge in these two substances look noticeably older, more haggard, and fatigued than their companions who abstain from them. It does not help that smoking and liquor are legal drugs and are pretty easily accessible to most Americans.
Exercise or Engage in Some Form of a Sport
Regular physical exercise improves the overall flow and circulation of blood within the body’s cells, which, therefore, implies that your skin tissues are nourished better. This improved vitality is also supported by the fact that toxins and waste products are removed more efficiently when your circulatory system is in a supreme state. What’s more, scientists believe that engaging in physical exercise decreases the body’s susceptibility to flare-ups and breakouts that are typically caused by allergic skin reactions or inflammation.
Don’t also forget that adopting a regular exercise and fitness regimen also has several anti-aging benefits alongside improved cardiovascular health. Have you ever wondered why top elite athletes never seem to age like the rest of us? Now you know!
Better stress management is key to keeping your body’s cortisol levels down. Remember that increased production of cortisol or the “stress” hormone often translates to more inflammation and an overproduction of sebum. As you may already be aware, there are also other physiological changes that are associated with chronic stress, such as increased fatigue and high blood pressure, which create a type of knock-on effect that aggravates skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea.
Better Nutrition and Eating Regimen
Your skin requires a proper balance of essential nutrients to look great and work as it should. You see, the skin’s primary function is to act as a barrier that shields your internal organs from foreign invaders. As such, your body needs a combination of healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, lean protein sources, and a barrage of antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E to maintain such superstructure in excellent condition. Besides, proper nutrition also lowers the incidence of skin-related ailments by improving your overall immunity, which ultimately contributes to the health of your skin.
Use of Supplements
Unfortunately, it is not always possible or even feasible to extract all the nutrients that are needed for a healthy, youthful-looking, and flawless complexion from your diet alone. And this rings particularly true for folks who prefer to exclude animal products from their eating regimen. Luckily for you, here’s where skin supplements such as Raw Science Multi Collagen Pills come in.
Raw Science Multi Collagen Pill — pros and cons
Collagen is the nutrient that is responsible for keeping your skin taut, wrinkle-free, and eternally youthful. There are tons of collagen supplements on the market, so what makes Raw Science Multi Collagen Pill a better prospect than them? Let’s see.
- Possibly one of the best sources of vegan-friendly, bioavailable, and GMO-free collagen you can find anywhere
- The manufacturer offers the supplement in several purchase options depending on your budget or usage patterns
- The tablets are easy-to-swallow and pretty neutral in taste and odor. Most people are likely to find them quite agreeable
- A bit pricier compared to some cheaper options on the market
Contrary to what most people assume, having attractive skin is a function and combination of several things, including your lifestyle, nutrition regimen, supplementation, and skincare routine.