Ogden woman arrested after allegedly shooting husband in the head

0
882
A Riley County Police Department vehicle flashes its lights. (Archive Photo by Andrea Klepper | Collegian Media Group)

Bernice Farmer, a 76-year-old woman, has been arrested in connection to a shooting in Ogden on Oct. 21, according to the Riley County Police Department.

“Our communications center received a call around 9:15 Friday night from a 76-year-old woman who said she had shot her husband,” Aaron Wintermote, Riley County Public Information Officer, said. “Our officers arrived on scene. The house was in the 600 block of South Elm Street in Ogden. They found her husband, a 75-year-old man, who had a gunshot wound to his head. [Farmer] was cooperative with officers the entire time they were on scene.”

Wintermote said the condition of Farmer’s husband is unknown.

He was responsive and conscious on scene when officers responded, but he was later life-flighted to Stormont Vail in Topeka for further treatment,” Wintermote said. 

Wintermote said Farmer was taken into custody by Riley County Police.

“Bernice Farmer was … arrested right before 1 a.m early Saturday morning for attempted second-degree murder. She was issued a bond of $100,000,” Wintermote said. 

Wintermote said although attempted second-degree murder is unintentional, it involves reckless behavior that puts someone’s life at risk.

“This incident remains under investigation and no further information will be released at this time,” according to RCPD.

For questions or comments regarding this case, call RCPD’s non-emergency line at 785-537-2112 and ask for Aaron Wintermote.