3 Healthy Hair Tips That Every Girl Should Know

Every girl knows that a bad hair day can cast a thundercloud over your entire day. At a young age, we are taught that using shampoo and conditioner in the shower is all it takes to have amazing hair, but maybe there’s far more to it than just that. While hygiene is an essential in keeping your hair lustrous and silky, there are some things that you can do to make sure that you’re taking care of it to the best of your abilities. Here are some tips that you can follow!

Tip #1: Don’t Wash Your Hair Everyday

For those of you who gasped in horror, skipping the shampoo once in a while might not actually be the cardinal sin that we all thought it was. While it goes against the lessons that our mothers have ingrained in us since childhood, there is some debate among scientists and professionals as to whether not washing your hair everyday might actually be a good thing.

The fact that it’s still being debated upon might have earned a major side eye from you, but the thing is that everyone is completely unique and different that it’s impossible to expect a generalized claim to apply perfectly to everyone. This can be seen in those with oilier scalps who will benefit from a more frequent washing as not doing so could lead to acne along the scalp.

As for others, experts believe that washing hair less often can promote a healthier scalp as it’s no longer being stripped of the natural oils that keep it soft and unproblematic. This means that you’re less likely to experience any itching or dandruff as time goes by. 

And as disgusting as it might sound to let your scalp produce more oil, it might be something that your hair will thank you for because these oils will be able to travel down the hair shaft and moisturize each strand. This is good news for those of you who have dry and brittle hair.  As time goes by, your scalp will learn to adjust and regulate its oil production to fit your washing routine.

Tip #2: Protect Your Hair While You Sleep

You might not have given it much thought, but a good number of your strands could actually be breaking off during your sleep. This is caused by the amount of friction placed on your hair from your movement during the night, especially against your pillow. With adults already losing an average of 50 to 100 strands in a day, the last thing you want to do is make that number go higher.

There are a few things that you can do to lessen the hair damage, with the most popular one being braiding your hair before you sleep. It doesn’t matter how you braid it because the act alone allows your hair to withstand much more stress than it would have otherwise been able to when left down. Braiding your hair also allows it to retain more moisture, with the added bonus of giving you effortless waves when you wake up in the morning.

If sleeping with a braid doesn’t seem too comfortable for you, another alternative that you can try is switching out your normal pillowcase for one made of silk. It’s a little change that will make a lot of difference because silk is much smoother and more gentle on your hair. And as an additional perk, a silk pillowcase is also better for your skin because of the material’s antibacterial properties!

Tip #3: Ditch the Heat When You Can

As much as we want to look our best all the time, using heat from styling tools isn’t the best thing for your hair. We don’t want to admit it, but most of us use way too much heat on our hair, which can actually lead to damage that could make our hair look more dull and lifeless. While it is impossible to cut styling tools completely from our lives, it’s best to try and lessen the use of it as much as possible.

On days that don’t involve any big plans, opt to just leave your hair to air dry rather than using a hairdryer. You can also try experimenting with different hairstyles that play off of your natural hair texture and style. And for those moments when you feel that a styling tool is crucial, start off by using the lowest heat setting before increasing it as needed. It also helps to look for tools with different temperature settings for more control.

To find items that will help you achieve your best and healthiest hair ever, visit Temu! Temu is the newest online shopping obsession that gives customers access to a world class selection of high quality products sold at the lowest prices around.

Check out Temu’s official website or download the mobile app today!