Wildcats stay undefeated, take down Wisconsin convincingly

0
434
Jaelyn Glenn drives against Presbyterian on Nov. 6 at Bramlage Coliseum. K-State won 69-35. (Macey Franko | Collegian Media Group)

Kansas State women’s basketball continued its strong season start. After taking down No. 2 Iowa the second year in a row, the Wildcats defeated Wisconsin 75-57.

It didn’t take long for K-State to push ahead. In the first quarter, the Wildcats won 20-9, knocking down four 3s, two from guard Jaelyn Glenn. K-State had five different scores, led by Glenn.

The Badgers fought back in the second quarter. Led by forward Serah Williams with nine points, Wisconsin won the quarter 16-15. Williams scored from inside, outside and at the charity stripe.

At the half, guard Brylee Glenn led K-State with nine points with center Ayoka Lee one point behind her.

Out of the half, the Wildcats regained control of the game. Seven different players scored in the next quarter, with Lee leading the charge at eight points. Guard Gabby Gregory dished out four of her eight assists in the team-effort scoring quarter.

K-State defensively smothered the Badgers, holding them under ten points in a quarter for the second time on the day. 

Wisconsin and Williams had another late push in the fourth quarter, but it was to no avail as K-State secured its fourth win.

Lee led the way with 20 points while Gregory and the Glenn twins all scored in double figures.

Now at a 4-0 record, the Wildcats earned a No. 16 rank in Monday’s new AP Top 25 poll. It’s the highest ranking K-State women’s basketball has reached since the 2008-09 season.

Looking to stay in the Top 25, the Wildcats head to Florida for a 10 a.m. game against Western Kentucky on Friday following Thanksgiving.